One of my ultimate comfort foods is meatloaf – especially once fall weather has kicked in.
The best meatloaf recipe will always be the one on the back of the A-1 steak sauce bottle. I have tried countless meatloaf recipes, and I keep going back to the A-1 version. I could basically drink a bottle of A-1 and be happy… that stuff is delicious. Easily one of my favorite condiments.
Anyway… This is my lightened-up version of A-1 meatloaf. I used ground chicken, and omitted the tomato sauce for extra A-1. I added a couple more ingredients in as well, like fresh garlic and dried parsley. If you aren’t a fan of ground chicken, this works well with ground turkey, beef, or beef-pork-veal meatloaf mix.
A-1 CHICKEN MEATLOAF
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 lb. of lean ground chicken
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup of A-1 steak sauce
1 small white onion, diced
2 tsp. of minced garlic
1/2 cup of italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp. of black pepper
1 tsp. of dried parsley
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, egg, A-1, onion, garlic, pepper, and parsley. Mix well.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the meat mixture, knead until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop meatloaf mix into a greased 9″x5″ loaf pan and bake for around 1 hour or until cooked through (a meat thermometer should read 165-170 degrees F).
- Slice it up & serve with your favorite side dish. Enjoy!