Everyone knows that pork chops and applesauce are a winning combination, and an epic comfort food duo.
I don’t have applesauce right now, but I do have a bunch of fresh apples ready for eating. Apples are a perfect autumn ingredient, and for once I’m not using them to make a dessert – they are also wonderful in savory dishes. Baking apples with sugar and spices will soften the fruit and create a wonderful caramelized syrup that would go perfectly with seasoned pork.
After trying this out, I realized I was 100% right. This is DELICIOUS. We ate our pork with french fries, but this would be even better with roasted (or mashed) sweet potatoes, a green salad, and some warm crusty bread. YUM!
APPLE CINNAMON PORK CHOPS
WHAT YOU NEED:
8 boneless pork chops
6 Fuji apples, washed and diced into 1 1/2″ pieces
2 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. of Grill Mates Molasses Bacon seasoning
1 tsp. of black pepper
pinch of salt
3 Tbsp. of canola oil
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush 1 Tbsp. of the canola oil on the bottom of a 9″x13″ baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and remaining 2 Tbsp. of canola oil. Stir to coat.
- Lay the pork chops down in the baking pan. Sprinkle the salt, black pepper, and molasses bacon seasoning over the pork chops.
- Pour the apple cinnamon mixture over the pork chops. Drizzle the vinegar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip the pork chops, and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve pork chops with apples spooned over the top. Dig in & enjoy!