I love classic birthday cake. There’s just something about a moist vanilla cake layered with super-sweet cream and rainbow sprinkles. Birthday cake flavored things are among my favorite snacks – birthday cake Oreos are now my favorite variety, the Birthday Cake Remix is my favorite thing to order at Cold Stone, and I am going through a phase where I am obsessed with rainbow bagels smeared with birthday cake cream cheese (I’ve been on the quest to find the perfect one – The Bagel Store in Brooklyn is terrific, and so is the Bellmore Bagel Cafe on Long Island). It’s safe to say I like all things birthday cake.
Since I typically try to limit my carb and sugar intake, I’ve been experimenting with recipes that would allow me to indulge in my birthday cake cravings – without destroying my diet. I have come up with the perfect solution.
BIRTHDAY CHEESECAKE MOUSSE
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup of plain nonfat greek yogurt
5 oz. of Neufchatel cheese, softened
1 container (8 oz.) of Cool Whip Free
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 package of vanilla Jell-o pudding mix (sugar free and fat free)
1 1/2 tsp. of stevia sweetener
5 tsp. of rainbow sprinkles
WHAT TO DO:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the greek yogurt with the Neufchatel cheese until smooth.
2. Add the vanilla extract, stevia, and pudding mix. Continue to beat until the mixture has thickened and turned a pale yellow.
3. Fold in the container of cool whip.
4. Stir in the rainbow sprinkles.
5. Spoon into a container (I used a wine glass because I’m classy like that) and top with whatever you like – more sprinkles, maybe some chocolate syrup, or a cherry.
This recipe makes 5 servings, and each serving is ONLY 211 calories. You’re welcome.