Lately I have been obsessing over this cookie from Levain Bakery. If you have never visited a Levain, the cookies are the size of your fist and loaded with goodies like nuts and chocolate chips. They are absolutely perfect.
I decided to make my own batch of loaded cookies. I slightly changed the flavor profile by using almond extract instead of vanilla, and I added in walnuts AND coconut flakes. More goodies, the better. I didn’t make the cookies giant-sized (though they are big), but you easily could by doubling the scoop size and slightly increasing the baking time. These cookies are chewy/slightly gooey in the center, so if you prefer more of a crispy cookie feel free to bake them an extra 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!
COCONUT, ALMOND, & WALNUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
WHAT YOU NEED:
1.5 cups of flour
1 tsp. of baking soda
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
6 Tbsp. of white sugar
1 stick of softened butter
1 tsp. of almond extract
3/4 cup of chocolate chips
1/4 cup of sweetened flaked coconut
2/3 cup of chopped walnuts
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with tinfoil.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, egg, and almond extract until blended.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips, walnuts, or coconut.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Then layer in the chips, flakes, and nuts.
- Mix until a firm dough forms.
- Scoop out cookie dough by the tablespoon onto the cookie sheets. Bake for approx. 12-14 minutes on the top rack.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before eating. Warning: these are highly addictive.