Feeling lazy like me?
Now bust out your slow cooker. It’s time to make an effortless (yet delicious) meal.
This is the ideal dinner to make when you’re feeling lazy. Like I said, it’s very little effort. I usually assemble this in the morning before I go to work, and by the time I get home it’s practically done. You’ll finally have the chance to chill out on the couch because dinner pretty much took care of itself.
CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS
WHAT YOU NEED:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
1 package (8 oz.) of sliced white mushrooms
1 small onion, finely diced
1 Tbsp. of dried parsley
1 tsp. of ground black pepper
2 cans (10 3/4 oz) of condensed cream of mushroom soup
3 cups of chicken broth
1 (8 count) package of refrigerated biscuits
WHAT TO DO:
- Lightly grease the pot of your slow cooker. Place the chicken breasts into the pot.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper and parsley.
- Dump the onion and mushrooms on top of the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup. Pour over the chicken.
5. Put on the lid, and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
6. Once cooked through, shred the chicken (in the pot) with two forks, stirring it into the soup.
7. Break apart the biscuit dough. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces, and stir them into the hot soup. Place the lid back on the pot, and cook on HIGH for another hour. Biscuits will puff up like this:
8. Give one last stir in the slow cooker, and plate up! Time to dig in!