This is BY FAR my favorite Halloween treat, besides all the candy.
This adorable chocolate “graveyard” will excite children and adults alike, and it’s super easy to create.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 box (15.25 oz.) of Devil’s Food cake mix
1 cup of water (for cake mix)
1/3 cup of canola oil (for cake mix)
3 large eggs (for cake mix)
1 can (16 oz.) of chocolate frosting
25 Oreos, crushed into fine crumbs
12 Milano cookies
12 Mellocreme pumpkin candies (Brach’s brand)
icing writer pens
1 tube of green decorating icing with star tip attachment (Wilton’s kelly green color is perfect)
WHAT TO DO:
- Prepare the Devil’s Food mix, pour into a greased 9″x13″ pan, and bake according to package directions. Set aside to cool completely.
- In the meantime, decorate the Milano cookies using the icing pens. I usually write something like “RIP” or make up a fake set of years, like “1920-2005” to mimic a headstone. Make sure not to smear writing. Set cookies aside.
- Spread the entire can of chocolate frosting evenly over the cooled cake. Sprinkle with the Oreo crumbs to resemble dirt.
- Insert the Milano headstones into the Oreo dirt until the cookies are around 1/3 – 1/2 of the way submerged in the chocolate. Make sure the headstone writing is visible.
- Use the green icing with star tip to make patches of “grass” around the cookie headstones and on random patches of the cake. Place a mellocreme pumpkin next to each headstone.
- Gawk at how adorable your cake is, and dig in!