Well… LOWER sugar, at least. This recipe makes about 16 servings, and each one is around 9.5 grams of sugar… which is pretty damn low for a fruit-based bread. This is still as yummy and sweet as ever, and super simple to make because the bread machine does everything for you – from mixing to baking!
This bread makes a killer french toast for breakfast, or warmed up with butter and jam. It’s also perfect if you want it for dessert with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and some berries.
LOW-SUGAR BREAD MACHINE BANANA BREAD
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 large overripe bananas
1/4 cup of plain nonfat greek yogurt
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of baking stevia
1/3 cup of coconut sugar
1/3 cup of light brown sugar
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. of baking soda
1/2 tsp. of baking powder
1/4 tsp. of salt
WHAT TO DO:
- In a small bowl, combine the ripe bananas and greek yogurt. Mash with a fork.
2. Scoop the banana & yogurt mixture into the pan of the bread machine.
3. Mix the eggs, extract, and oil in a separate bowl and pour into the bread machine pan.
4. In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients until fully blended. Pour on top of the wet ingredients in the bread machine pan.
5. Place the pan in the machine and turn it on. Set the machine in the following manner: CYCLE – QUICK BREAD, LOAF SIZE – 1.5 LB., CRUST – DARK. Let the machine work its magic.
6. The machine will beep once the bread is done. Take the pan out of the machine and remove the bread with the hook out on to a cutting board. Cool completely before eating.