Ah, December… It’s OFFICIALLY Christmas time (in my mind, at least!)
And Christmas time = baked goods.
From decadent breakfasts to Christmas cookies… December has it all.
*sings* It’s the most yummiest time… of the year 😉
Today’s recipe was inspired by my love of Nature Valley’s soft-baked oatmeal squares. I love eating these as I run out the door on my way to work. In my variation, there is no added fat or eggs. All of the moisture and chewiness comes from the use of canned pumpkin and dried fruit. And the best part of this recipe is the ease of it – it’s only 4 ingredients!
PUMPKIN CRANBERRY OATMEAL SQUARES
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 package (~17.5oz) of oatmeal cookie mix
1 can (~15oz) of pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp. of ground cinnamon
2/3 cup of dried cranberries
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8″x8″ square metal pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, cookie mix, and cranberries. Mix well.
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan, smoothing it out with a spatula.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, and cut into bars.
- Eat up & enjoy for a quick, on-the-go morning treat!