So I guess today is the Superbowl.
Sorry to all the die-hard football fans – but I’m just not that into it. I don’t like football. They blow the whistle and freeze the game like every 2 minutes, and I honestly have no patience for that. I feel like one game lasts a million hours.
With that being said, I’m still watching the game with friends. I enjoy the company, commercials, performances, and obviously the snacks. I’m probably not going to pay attention to much else, but that’s OK. I won’t be the only one not really watching the game.
In addition to the snacks, I also want to eat some real dinner. Something hearty to hit the spot, so I don’t fill up on too much junk food afterward.
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HEN
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 Cornish game hens, cleaned and patted dry
1 tsp. of salt
1 1/2 tsp. of black pepper
2 tsp. of dried Italian seasoning
1 tsp. of paprika
3 Tbsp. of canola oil
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place clean, dry hens on a rack set in a metal roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices. Sprinkle the spice mixture on to each hen, and rub in thoroughly. Drizzle with the canola oil and place pan in the oven.
- After 20 minutes, base the hens. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Continue to cook for another hour, basting the hens every 20 minutes. The hens are done when they reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.
- Let hens rest for 5-10 minutes before serving with your favorite side. Enjoy!