Welp, it’s absolutely freezing. Freezing to the point where I don’t want to leave my house, or even my bed. Sleeping with 2 blankets kind of freezing. Enough snow to shut school for 2 days kind of freezing.
But you know what helps when you’re freezing? The oven being on.
I’m all about letting my oven heat up the house – or at least the kitchen. So a one-pan meal prepared in the oven was the perfect choice for dinner.
ROASTED SAUSAGE WITH ROOT VEGETABLES
WHAT YOU NEED:
6 sweet Italian sausage links
6 russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1″ thick chunks
4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2″ thick rounds
2 onions, sliced into rings
1 Tbsp. of fresh dill, chopped
1 tsp. of dried dill
1 tsp. of ground black pepper
2 tsp. of dried Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9×13″ casserole dish, combine onion rings, carrot rounds, potato chunks, and fresh dill. Drizzle in the oil, and add the spices. Mix until all of the root vegetables are lightly coated.
- Using a sharp knife, poke small holes into the casing of the sausages (around 6 small holes per sausage). Lay the sausages on top of the veggies.
- Pop the casserole dish into the oven. Every 20 minutes or so, give the sausages a stir – you want to move them around so they can roast evenly.
- Roast until completely cooked through. In total, this took me around 1 hour. Veggies should be tender and the sausage should be browned evenly.
- Plate up & dig in!